Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hey There Folks:

Those of you interested in Vegan food, all of you right?

Personally I like the series of books that start with "How It All Vegan."

There are other one's out there that are a bit fancier, but that set is a good one to start with because the means are fairly simple and the educational information about health and nutrition as a vegan is vital.

Education is the Key, it's one thing to be a Vegan, it's another thing to be a healthy vegan.

Initially I read "Diet For a New America" and "Diet for A Small Planet" and these books changed my life.

Give yourself time to adjust and adapt, the vegan police don't exist, do what you feel is best for your body.

In addition to the nutrition side of things there are so many factors and schools of thought, it is all personal choice and the freedom we have living in the west affords us so many options.

If you are in Edmonton check out Padmanadi

A






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks man!

Anonymous said...

I have this book. My parents picked it up for me in San Fransisco. I haven't made a ton of stuff from it, but it seems pretty good.

JordanP said...

Dude, the PPK is where it's AT, yo!

Some other good titles I've come across are (in no particular order):

Hot Damn & Hell Yeah /Dirty South - simple Mexi-style vegan food - GREAT mushroom gravy, and some good recipes for chilis, soups, and cornbread.

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World - seriously is amazing and is going to give me celulite.

Pretty much anything by Bryana Clark Grogan (www.bryanaclarkgrogan.com) - check her.