Friday, October 27, 2006


The caption from this image reads: "Goes in easy because it's greasy."

Ah the beauty of trolling your way around the internet, to read a headline that says, "This person is in your extended network." Great, what does that mean exactly?

To me it means that through the murdochian network titled, "myspace," we 'now' have a place to find friends we simply haven't met yet. For me, it means finding and searching for various forms of media that entice me to probe their pages. Occasionally a myspace page will enlighten me with some form of image or art or song or dance or a carefully embedded video streaming from YouTube. You know who you are, as it has become apparent that I have somehow managed to become one of these people who 'never wanted to be someone who spent hours a day staring at a 'screen' but alas this is who I have become. The road has been long and hard, many hours have been spent surfing and downloading and then trying to figure out the proper parameters necessary to play what i have downloaded in any manner of form. I have become familiar with blogs and myspace and Youtube and torrents and cracks and some manner of HTML, but I recognize these abilities, these talents as those which remain in a liminal space of uncorporeality. The internet as a space where bodies matter not.

And yet, whit it comes down to the meat of it. We see that the flesh still links us all.

A

No comments: