Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Living in the middle of Canada is a special thing. Betwixt and between, the liminal space, this is Thunder Bay. This geographical location also happens to be THEE place to stop for anyone passing through on the trans Canada. The fact of it is, no one comes to Thunder Bay, to be in Thunder Bay, rather TB is a place to stop whilst on your way to another desination. Amazing that Amy and I ended up here at all.


This past weekend... was steeped with the overarching feeling that we were stuck in limbo. I belive it may
also be known as 'canto iv.'

This weekend, aside from being Miss Amy's birthday on the 9th, had 8 guests, 2 parties stay with us on
the night of the 9th. Mr Eli Klein and his lovely lady Lea, arrived at around 11pm, cursing the ontario ministry of transportation for having a posted speed limit of 90km/h. (I have read somewhere that Ontario has North America's safest highways).

It was awesome to see some familiar faces from home, who will no longer be back in Edmonton. Toronto is thier destination. Together the 4 of us shared in a thankgiving meal of epic vegan proportions. We had cabbage rolls, mashed yams, roasted vegetables, tofu/ cashew loaf, mushroom gravey and amy's special birthday chocolate brownies. Needless to say, it was amazing. A round of applause for the cooks.

The hour was growing late and the ladies decided to turn in while the 'men' sat in the PArlour drinking scotch and smoking nat shermans.

Okay so its not entirely true, but the part about sitting in the parlour is true. hehehe. Sometimes this blog thing makes me laugh at it and at myself, which is a good thing, i think.

Wrapping this up. Eli and Lea and Reese.











Amy and I hope to visit them in Toronto, apparently dan and erin live like 3 blocks away from them. I see some awesomeness on the Horizon.

Our next guests were the 6 lads travelling canada right now on tour, otherwise know as mapping the escape. They didn't arrive, from winnipeg untill 2am. That meant that in the morning while I accompanied Eli and Lea to the Hoito, the band slept as hard as they could well into the afternoon.

For the rest of the day, I hung out with the band who was also hanging out, being a band, waiting... waiting.. always waiting. Now that I got a chance to sit near a band instead of in a band I am flooded with memories of waiting. I think the waiting is what killed me, and was one of the main factors in me wanting to go back to school. This way I could just sample the waiting as I put off my school work for a day or two. Just to make sure that I am happy doing what I am doing. And I am. Very Happy.

As I look up out of my window I see that the rain that was falling this morning has now turned into falling snow.


Here it comes. In the middle no less.

A

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Andriko. Archie here. Stumbled upon your blog through Sir Eli's. Glad to hear things in TB are going well... take care.
jeff