Saturday, October 21, 2006

Thanks to my good friend, bandmate and roommate of 3 years Dallas and his blog, that he writes collectively with his hairbrained cat gus (the girl). It was interesting to go to this page and see that through their research they have come up with a fantastic chart that rates environmantal pollution through the quantification of greenhouse gas emisions.

Since I'm originally from Texas/ Alberta, it was heartwarming to see that 6 of the top ten highest polluters in Canada were from my homeland. When I looked up Thunder Bay, the power company here, ranked in at a measly 55. What is that, my lungs can take it. Bring it on. Can't wait to go home. Maybe if enough of my friends and family back home take a look at this page they might possibly understand part of what the hell I have been raving about since I was born.

By the way I have asthma. Or rather, it was worst when I lived in Sherwood Park, directly east of rows of smokestacks.




Next on the agenda, and also thanks to Dallas and Gus, is a page I think I remember hovering past some time in the past 4 years before.

Go here. Click the Map. Do the test.

Me. Well apparently If everyone lived like me we would still need 1.7 worlds. That means that I'm a glutton and an abuser of my position here as a citizen of 'our world.' Does this mean that I could do with less, or rather more ecologically intuitive methods of living... I think so.

http://www.ecofoot.org/

http://www.pollutionwatch.org/

A

No comments: